A mosquito is a mosquito as you know. But what is the mosquito eater?
Mosquito eaters are not just a myth. They do exist and they can help you get rid of mosquitoes!
As you are interested in knowing about mosquitoes? Let you know the facts about the mosquito eater.
- Mosquito eaters are not actually mosquitoes. Even they are not mosquito eaters also. Mosquito eater” crane flies” is smaller than a spider and larger than mosquitoes.
- Mosquito eaters are often called “daddy long legs” but they’re not the common cellar spiders – they are crane flies.
- Mosquito eaters do not eat mosquitoes. They do, however, eat mosquito larvae during their larval stage, but only occasionally. Their main source of sustenance is flower nectar.
- You’ll often find them buzzing around your outdoor lighting fixtures, they don’t bite humans but they are annoying to have around because of the sound created by their wings.
- There are two types of crane flies typically found in homes and gardens. There’s the European crane fly and the common crane fly.
- Mosquito eaters are not actually mosquitoes—they’re craning flies. They look like a cross between an insect and a spider.
- There are two types of crane flies typically found in homes and gardens:
- The European crane fly and the common crane fly. If you see one crawling around your house or yard then
- Mosquito eaters are more than twice the size of mosquitoes, so they can’t kill them. They don’t bite humans either—in fact, they don’t even have mouths!